The Glasgow GC v Royal Burgess GC Match was first played in 1879 and is one of the oldest club matches in the world.
The Mackie Service Trophy (pictured) has been played for since 1905. This was The Burgess’ first visit to the New Clubhouse and Captain Bencowe was very complimentary. The close bond was evident on and off the course with some ‘well-kent’ faces re-uniting. An excellent day had by all – their coach departed around 10pm – The Trophy staying at Killermont for another year.