Glasgow Golf Club win the league!
It’s taken 63 years, beating Lenzie at Killermont 6 – 2, under the guiding eyes of Angus Cameron & a large crowd.
The picture shows some of the team along with Captain Alastair Gracie (who didn’t play) Lewis Cullen, Gordon Halley, Team manager Angus Cameron, Jonny King , Neil MacRae, Gary Murphy, Stevie Carmichael , Daniel Forbes, Eoin Lisibach, Greg Telfer, Clark Nelson, Colin Peddie, (John Laurie, Steven Rettie also played this year).
The late Donald Cameron, an ex-Scottish Internationalist and a member of Kirkintilloch Golf Club, formed the league in 1947.
He presented a trophy to be played for annually and invited the following clubs to participate: Balmore, Bishopbriggs, Cawder, Douglas Park, Hayston, Kirkintilloch, Lenzie and Milngavie.
In 1958 the following clubs were admitted to the league: Bearsden, Dullatur, Glasgow and Hilton Park. In the sixties the leagues’ compliment of clubs was complete with the addition of Sandyhills and Windyhill.